Sunday, May 8, 2011

Lyden, Washington Part II

Today is Rachel's first Mother's Day. David and Doug prepared brunch for us. Rachel wanted waffles and strawberries with sausage. My choice was an omelet filled with veggies and goat cheese and served with bacon. We both were totally pleased with our meals. Just so the family knows it is true, here is Doug working in the kitchen with David. Doug sliced all the strawberries and David did pretty much everything else. But, in Doug's defense, Molly did need to be held and cuddled during the cooking process. So he helped a lot by keeping her happy. He also did most of the clean-up work after breakfast.


This post really should be titled "My Son Is Better Than Your Son." Not only did David fix me a wonderful breakfast but my gift is this amazing tea set and tray WHICH HE MADE!! Okay, now be envious... David is an art major and his emphasis is ceramics. He is getting really good and I'm the benefit of his expertise. This will sit in a place of honor on the console which Jon built for me. I'm more that a little impressed with the talent of my own family.

No comments:

Post a Comment